Social Media Usage/Comment Policy
The Washington State Dairy Council (WSDC) welcome public dialogue, commentary,
critiques and questions about our products and our industry. By posting comments to our social media properties, you are agreeing to the following terms:
- The views expressed in all comments are those of the commenter and not necessarily those of the DFW. You are responsible for the content of your posts.
- Any information contained in any comment shall be considered public information and may be subject to monitoring, moderation and/or disclosure to third-parties.
- All comments posted to our social media properties are the responsibility of the commenter. By submitting a comment to our social media properties, you agree that the comment is your own; and to hold our online properties and the WSDC harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liability that may result.
- Comments posted to our social media properties shall not constitute a legal or official notice to, or demand upon, the WSDC. For example, a post or comment asking the WSDC to provide public records will not be considered a viable public records request. For all official requests or correspondence and all accounts payable/receivable, please contact us at email@example.com or 425/672-0687 or write to us at our office address.
- Your comments should remain on-topic. We encourage commentary reflecting any point of view provided it is on-topic and expressed in civil language.
- The WSDC reserve the right to delete or mark as “spam” any and all comments as they see fit.
- The WSDC reserve the right to block access to our online properties – either temporarily or permanently – to any individual or organization as they see fit.
- The WSDC expect that all comments shall be expressed in language that is appropriate to a business environment and suitable for an audience that includes young children.
- The WSDC will delete any comment expressing a personal attack on another individual; or that makes use of derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, abusive, offensive, profane, threatening or harassing language or images. The latter shall include re-spellings of profane words through the use of punctuation marks, numerals, symbols, spaces between letters or other inventions.
- The WSDC will delete any comment that promotes, fosters, perpetuates or infers discrimination toward others on the bases of race, creed, skin color, national origin, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- The WSDC will delete any and all comments that include sexual content or links to other online properties containing sexual content.
- The WSDC will delete any and all comments that advertise or promote a person or a business or a commercial transaction that is unrelated to dairy products, dairy farming or the dairy industry; as well as solicitations for any commercial transaction.
- The WSDC will delete any and all comments that express a political viewpoint; or express a viewpoint regarding a public officeholder or a candidate for public office; or express a viewpoint regarding any proposed legislation or ballot initiative; or express a viewpoint regarding any litigation or regulatory matter.
- The WSDC will delete any and all comments that disclose information the WSDC and their employees are required – by law or administrative rule – to keep confidential. Such information may include, but shall not be limited to, e-mail or physical addresses, telephone numbers and personal identification numbers.
- The WSDC reserve the right to delete comments which contain the same content – or substantially the same content – when they are posted multiple times.